Here’s five questions from author Jessica Wilde, her book Our Time came to my attention from one of my favorite blog reviews. I can tell you that it features several of my favorite things in a romance story. Single mom with a toddler gets me every time, add to that a pet dog that she treats like a human. Home run! Come on we know we all talk to our dog like they understand us.
Check out her answers.
1. Let’s start off with Kill, Marry or Screw? Gideon Cross, Kellan Kyle or Andrew Carter?
Since I am one of the VERY VERY rare few who have NOT read the Thoughtless series (Cringing because I know there are lots of gasps happening right now, Although I do have the first book on my kindle waiting for me) From what I have heard, however, I would say kill Gideon, screw Kellan, and of course marry Andrew because technically I already did marry my Andrew 🙂
2. Do you remember the first romance book you ever read? Can you tell me about it?
It was Return to Red Castle by Dorothy Keddington. It’s friends to lovers type romance and even though there isn’t really any sex, the sexual tension is so intense and I have read the book several times along with her others.
I fell in love with all of Keddington’s books and later found out that she is actually a distant relative of mine. It was meant to be!
3. What type of stories would you like to write but haven’t yet? Menage, BDSM or a sexless romance. The sexless romance should come with a warning. Don’t you think?
I have a paranormal romance idea that is in my files that I can’t wait to get started on. It is a ways down the list but who knows, if the inspiration comes, it might be sooner. I would love to write a BDSM because it would definitely take me out of my comfort zone as a writer, but I think it would be worth it.
4. What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing or reading?
I love to be with my daughter and just watch Spongebob with her or take her to the park or shopping. Life gets so busy that those little things become wonders. I also really love to bake so it is a very good thing I am reading and writing all the time 🙂
5. What is the one thing you’d like people to know about you when reading your books?
I have a really hard time dragging out drama. I love reading books with angst and all that stuff that makes you want to throw your kindle against the wall, but if I had to choose, I would prefer the ones where there is no unnecessary stuff that stresses me out *giggling* I’m a very open minded reader, though. I also believe in love at first sight although I don’t implement that belief so completely in my books.
6. For bonus points, what’s your favorite swear word? Shitballs. I use it all the time in my every day life and it works for almost anything.
Check out this review of Our Time on Shh Mom’s Reading Blog. This convinced me to check it out.