I might be a bit late to the Tara Sivec party but I brought booze so deal with it! She’s one of those authors who never disappoints whether you want a funny book like Jed had to Die, sexy or just a an ugly cry she always delivers.
I confess that when I want a funny but sexy read I go to Tara’s books. Her latest holiday series starts with a Christmas story which had me hooked The Stocking Was Hung (The Holidays #1). Trust me you’ll want to read what outrageous Aunt Bobbie is up to as the year goes by. She just published her Easter installment The Bunny is Coming of Noel and Sam’s story so go back and start and Christmas.
Tara’s library of books leaves you with a little something for any type of story you might fancy. Check out her Amazon author page for a list of any of her books.
I am grateful that Tara took a few minutes out of her busy writing schedule to answer my five burning questions. Her story about meeting Jared Leto is worth your time.
1. Let’s start off with Kill, Marry or Screw? Gideon Cross, Kellan Kyle or lead in your latest book?
Kill: Christian Grey. I know, I know, don’t hate me! I mean, I love the guy. And I ADORE the books and the movies. But I’m not exactly the type of person who takes orders very well. The first time he told me what to do, I’d probably punch him in the face.
Marry: Declan McGillis from my book, Below Deck. He’s hot. And dreamy. And I love him.
Screw: Jude Soren from Finding Mr. Wrong by A.M. Madden and Joanne Schwehm. He’s my most recent book boyfriend and WOW is he hot. Hot, hot, hot, I’ll take two and can you please supersize that order for me?
2. Do you remember the first romance book you ever read? Can you tell me about it?
My Sweet Audrina by V.C. Andrews. That was actually my first “naughty” book, if you want to call it that! That is one of the only books I’ve ever read more than once. I think I read it at least fifteen times when I was a teenager.
3. What type of stories would you like to write but haven’t yet? Menage, Paranormal or a sexless romance.
I’ve actually tackled pretty much every genre I’ve wanted to at this point. Romantic Comedy, Romantic Suspense, New Adult Drama, Contemporary Romance and Psychological Thriller. I have thoughts every now and then about writing a Paranormal Romance, but then I read one and think “OMG, I could never do this. It’s too hard!” LOL! I draw a lot from my own personal experiences when I write, and I’ve never had a paranormal experience, so I don’t know if I could do it. But then again, I wrote a Psychological Thriller and never killed anyone. Allegedly.
4. You have several series of books, how do you keep track of your characters?
I don’t LOL! There are a lot of times I’ll see a book quote on Facebook and go “Oh, that’s a good one. I like that.” Then I’ll click on the book link and see it’s from one of my books. I don’t even remember if I ate breakfast this morning. Foreget about remembering something I wrote five years ago! I actually do have characters sheets I fill out for a lot of my characters, especially those I know will be in more than one book. It has everything from the character’s physical attributes to their favorite song and favorite movie. But a lot of times, I forget to fill them out and just jot down a few notes, and then have to reread previous books to remember how old someone was or what color hair they have. I really need a new brain.
5. If you could have a dinner party and invite anyone to it, who would it be? Celebrities, rock stars, book boyfriends, intellectuals or anyone. Name five people.
1.Kelley Johnson from the Bravo reality TV show, Below Deck. I have a new book by the same name, and he was my muse while writing it. He’s also responded to a few of my Tweets and Instagram posts about the book, and now I’m just waiting for him to file a restraining order against me. It should be any day now.
2. Jared Leto. I am completely obsessed with his band, Thirty Seconds to Mars. I have two books titled after two of his songs (A Beautiful Lie & Closer to the Edge) and I have the lyrics from Closer to the Edge tattooed on my ribs (I will never forget. I will never regret. I will live my life.). I met him once at a backstage meet-and-greet at his concert in Toronto a few years ago and I was a bumbling idiot who forgot what words were. I handed him a copy of A Beautiful Lie to keep, and had this huge speech planned, where I’d tell him how much he inspires me, blah blah blah. I just threw the book down on the table and said “I wrote that”, and then started giggling and walked away. I want a do-over. (SHE CARRIED THE WATERMELON, WE’VE ALL BEEN THERE.”
4. All of my author friends. I’m combining this into one big group because there are too many to list. I’ve cut way back on my travel in the last year and for the next year going forward, and I miss my friends! I want to sit down with everyone I love and drink and eat and laugh.
5. Anna Kendrick. I just adore her. She’s like a tiny little wood sprite I could fit in my pocket, and pull out whenever I needed a laugh or someone to help me come up with an awesome, sarcastic comment.
6. For bonus points, what’s your favorite swear word?
FUCK! Of course! It’s a noun, a verb, an adjective, an adverb…it’s everything all at once!
Stalk here here: