An author friend recommended Harloe Rae because she knew what a sucker for single-parent romance. Her book There’s Always Someday got me hooked, and now I’m a convert. Check out her most recent release-Doing It Right: A Second Chance, Single Parent Romance. Harloe took a few minutes out of her busy writing schedule to answer my five burning questions. Check out her answers.
1. Let’s start with Kill, Marry, or Screw?
Killing off one of my heroes is super tough, but I’ll off Nolan (from There’s Always Someday) only because he nearly killed me while I was writing him. I’d marry Mason (from Doing It Right) because he’s so damn swoony. Trey (from Gent) is always my go-to screw. Yum!
2. Do you remember the first romance book you ever read? Can you tell me about it?
I don’t remember the exact book for sure, but it was by Danielle Steele or Nicolas Sparks. My mom had a bunch of DS books so they were easily accessible.
3. What types of romance would you like to write but haven’t yet?
If the sky was the limit, I would love to write post-apocalyptic PNR.
4. What are you reading right now? Do you have a favorite book/series/genre?
I’m reading The Viking Vampire by Krystal Shannon. I mostly read PNR—anything with fated mates. Come to mama!
5. What was the inspiration for your new book?
I get a lot of inspiration from real-life experiences. The book I just finished writing is set in a secluded small town with a cute cabin on the lake in northern Minnesota. It’s based on the town where my sister’s cabin is located. Sitting out at the lake gives me a lot of ideas for what might happen in the woods.
6. For bonus points, what’s your favorite swear word?
Fuck — especially groaned by Joe Arden. Listen to him as the voice of Mason in Doing It Right. 🙂
Stalk her on social media:
Harloe Rae www.harloe-rae.blog