Author A.L. Jackson came to my attention with the book Come to Me Quietly series and I have been a convert ever since. When her new rock star series came out, A Stone in the Sea, I knew I was in for a treat. This series is one of my all time favorites and it’s not your typical rock romance. There’s no life on the road this is about a tormented rock star trying to escape from his life and finding refuge in a small town. The rest of the books are all about his band mates and family who you will fall in love with during this series. A must read, be warned you will get an HEA but you’ll need a supply of tissues, wine and chocolate for your journey.
I can’t thank A.L. enough for taking time out of her busy writing schedule to answer my five burning questions. Enjoy!
Here’s the questions:
1. Let’s start off with Kill, Marry or Screw? Gideon Cross, Kellan Kyle or Brian? Kill Brain, Marry Kellan, screw Gideon.
2. Do you remember the first romance book you ever read? Can you tell me about it? EDITORS NOTE: I think mine was Bitch by Jackie Collins and I was about 10 or 11.
Gone with the Wind. I was 8 and was in love. I never stopped reading romances after that!
I’ve been itching to write a full-blown paranormal romance. I’ve had a plot I’m in love with for YEARS, but I haven’t taken the dive to actually do it. One of these days….
4. As you write series, what’s your process for keeping track of characters and storylines?
I have a journal I keep with a vague plot, plus notes I jot all throughout. I definitely do a lot of searching through the document to remember different events, names, etc though!
Oh this is hard! Okay…
1 ) Nora Roberts because I would love to pick her brain about being such a prolific writer. I’m always amazed at her ability to have written so many books while keeping it fresh and interesting.
2) Craig Owens who is my real life fan girl crush. Y’all know I like my boys on a stage, tattooed and screaming!
3) Lyrik West (my own personal fantasy book boyfriend.) I’d write him a million times over if I could
4) Ernest Hemingway
5) Why can’t I think of one more person? I’m thinking this will be an “intimate” gathering LOL
6. For bonus points, what’s your favorite swear word?
F*ck, of course
Stalk A.L. Jackson here: