Rachel Van Dyken is one of those amazing authors to give you the occasional break from the broody dark romances. Rachel’s books are funny but manage to stay sexy and thoughtful. Don’t get me wrong Rachel’s got a full list of books that are full of our favorite intense Alpha’s but this series walks a fine line incorporating sexy smart hero and funny heroine.
Her new book is The Matchmaker’s Playbook where we meet Ian Hunter whose sports career was cut short and he’s back going to University. Ian and his friend Lex start Matchmaking woman to help them figure out what they are doing wrong in their love lives. A great premise which only leads to comedy and if I am honest some great tips.:} She brilliantly set up her next book which will deal with Lex and Gabi’s story. I can only imagine the expolsion that will happen when those two finally take all that hate and turn it to heat. The Matchemaker’s Playbook is now available on Kindle Unlimited for FREE.
My other favorite series is the Consequences series (FREE-links below) and it features one of my favorite book boyfriends, Max. You can read an interview I did with Max here.
Rachel’s taken time out of her writing day to answer my five burning questions enjoy this interview, I know I did. Yes her little one’s name is Thor, that’s not a typo. Enjoy!
1. Let’s start off with Kill, Marry or Screw? Gideon Cross, Kellan Kyle or Max or Reid?
Kill Kellan Kyle (I KNOW IM SO SORRY!) Marry Reid, screw Max (I think Max would be too much fun to kick out of bed, just saying!)
2. Do you remember the first romance book you ever read? Can you tell me about it? EDITORS NOTE: I think mine was Bitch by Jackie Collins and I was about 10 or 11.
The first romance I read was Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers! I just adored her stories, they always made me cry!
3. What type of stories would you like to write but haven’t yet? Menage, BDSM or a sexless romance. The sexless romance should come with a warning. Don’t you think?
Hah yes sexless romance should have a warning, I think I would LOVE to do a real YA book. 😉
4. What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing or reading?
Drinking wine? LOL I love working out and spending time with Thor, even just taking him to the coffee shop and hanging out, he’s a blast.
5. If you could have a dinner party and invite anyone to it, who would it be? Celebrities, book boyfriends, intellectuals or anyone. Name five people.
This is a super hard question! Okay I think I’m just going to stick to celebrities to narrow it down! Id want to invite Justin Timberlake, Jimmy Fallon, Jennifer Lawrence, Kevin Hart, and Steven Spielberg.
6. For bonus points, what’s your favorite swear word?
HAHA! My husband would say it’s shit, but I stand by the fact that its not a swear word just a dirty word right????
Links for Matchmakers Playbook:
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1V6Utox
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1V6UCs6
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/1QS5BTc
Amazon AU: http://bit.ly/1MipuP3