The Paper Swan by Leylah Attar is one of those books that’s been getting 5+ star reviews this year. Check out Aestas amazing review if you need help deciding to read it. Leylah’s previous two books have been just as well received 53 Letters for my Lover and 53 Letters from his Lips: A Short Story, you must check them out.
All the great reviews had me curious just who is Leylah Attar. Check out her answers to my five burning questions and then read The Paper Swan.
1. Let’s start off with Kill, Marry or Screw? Gideon Cross, Kellan Kyle or Damian Caballero?
At some point, I’ve wanted to do all three, to varying extents, to all of them. I love feeling conflicting emotions about a character when I’m reading a book.
2. Do you remember the first romance book you ever read? Can you tell me about it?
EDITOR NOTE: I think mine was Bitch by Jackie Collins and I was about 10 or 11.I can’t remember the name of the first romance book I read, but I think it was by Janet Dailey. I do remember reading Hollywood Wives by Jackie Collins and being shocked, hooked, scandalized!
3. What type of stories would you like to write but haven’t yet? Menage, BDSM or a sexless romance. The sexless romance should come with a warning. Don’t you think?
As long as the reader knows what to expect (or in this case, what NOT to expect), anything is fair game. But if you’re expecting a hot romp and get something entirely different, then yeah, I’d be pissed…haha! I think I’d like to write a romantic comedy. Or a romantic horror. Is that even a genre?
4. What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing or reading?
I work full time, so when I have free time, reading and writing ARE my favorite things to do. Goofing around with my family is up there too. I also like Nutella. A lot.
5. If you could have a dinner party and invite anyone to it, who would it be? Celebrities, book boyfriends, intellectuals or anyone. Name five people.
I would love to meet the characters in my books. To see them in flesh and blood would be super cool! So I would invite Troy, Shayda, Damian and Skye. The last spot would go to Ian Somerhalder. Because every table needs a center piece.
6. For bonus points, what’s your favorite swear word?
I make up a lot of words that sound like swear words. That way, I can use them as often, as freely, and as loudly as I want. Stub my toe? “Futbugger!” Paper cut? “Frakitall!”