The Hashtag Series is one of my favorites and don’t let it fool you this isn’t a YA book it’s definitely a funny, SEXY and suspenseful NA series. Join Rimmel and Romeo and their friends on their road to LOVE and building friendships. The latest book is #Poser (Hashtag Series Book 5) but these books should be read in order so start with #Nerd (Hashtag Series Book 1). The next book is the last in the series and I am sad to see it ending. Cambria is going to be under a considerable amount of pressure to finish this series so we are happy. Check out Cambria’s social media at the end of the interview as well, as a list of her other books you should read.
Here’s the series in order: #Nerd (Hashtag Series Book 1), #Hater (Hashtag Series Book 2) , #Player (Hashtag Series Book 3) , #Selfie (Hashtag Series Book 4) , #Poser (Hashtag Series Book 5)
I am grateful to Cambria for taking a few minutes to answer my 5 burning questions.
- Let’s start off with Kill, Marry or Screw? Gideon Cross, Kellan Kyle or Romeo?
Kill, Marry or Screw…. I guess I would choose marry. I’m a hopeless romantic afterall. :} As far as book boyfriends, it’s way too hard to choose. So I’ll pick Romeo from my hashtag series. He’s always going to be number one to me! #ImNotBiasedAtAll
- Do you remember the first romance book you ever read? Can you tell me about it? EDITORS NOTE: I think mine was Bitch by Jackie Collins and I was about 10 or 11.
Oh my goodness, I’ve been reading for so long I really don’t remember the first romance I read. I do remember reading all the Fear Street books by R.L. Stine and while those were thriller-ish type books I did like the side romances that went on. Haha. Those were probably my first taste of “romance” in books.
- What type of stories would you like to write but haven’t yet? Menage, BDSM or a sexless romance. The sexless romance should come with a warning. Don’t you think?
I don’t really have a “bucket list” per se for my writing. I honestly just like to write what comes to me and where inspiration strikes. As far as sexless romance, I guess you could say I’ve written that. I think a lot of YA romance is sexless because its young adult (not all YA is sexless). My book Recalled is sexless as well. I’m sure some readers would like a warning, haha, but then again, I don’t think all romance novels need sex to be fabulous, it’s all about what’s right for the story.
- What’s your writing process like?
I usually put on a hoodie, pull the hood up, put some earbuds in my ears and pull up some instrumental music. Then I just try and see where the characters take me!
- If you could have a dinner party and invite anyone to it, who would it be? Celebrities, rock stars, book boyfriends, intellectuals or anyone. Name five people
This is such a hard question. Lol. I’d probably invite book boyfriends and characters. Probably the whole crew from the Hashtag series: Romeo, Braeden, Ivy, Rimmel, Trent and Drew.
- For bonus points, what’s your favorite swear word?
Ha! I plead the fifth! I do like to say “shat” instead of “shit” it amuses me. Lol! Hey, I never said I wasn’t weird…
When you are done reading the Hashtag Series, check out this series from Cambria it’s amazing. Try TEXT first and then you’ll be hooked!