USA TODAY bestselling author Renée Carlino is known for her beautifully unique love stories that you should be reading. I first became aware of Rene with the rave reviews for Sweet Thing and then Swear on your Life. The rave reviews weren’t wrong, these books were short listed on many must read books from last year. The story of Swear on Your Life is about a young woman who finds out her childhood friend has written a best selling novel all about her. 1-click!
Her next book Before We Were Strangers is a love story about a Craigslist “missed connection” post that gives two people a second chance at love fifteen years after they were separated in New York City. 1-click!
Her latest book Lucian Divine is a unique story of a flawed Angel who falls for Evelyn. His name is Lucian and he’s a 2,000 year-old guardian angel. His sudden presence in her life is both good—he’s brilliant, witty, and warm—and bad and hot as hell. See I said one of kind stories.
Check out her answers for my 5 burning questions and her awesome range of books. Enjoy!
Here’s the questions:
1. Let’s start off with Kill, Marry or Screw? Gideon Cross, Kellan Kyle or Lucian?
Kill Gideon, screw Kellan and Marry Lucian 🙂
2. Do you remember the first romance book you ever read? Can you tell me about it? NOTE: I think mine was Bitch by Jackie Collins and I was about 10 or 11.
I can’t remember the first romance novel I read. I read a lot of YA, but maybe the first book to really pull me in was OUTLANDER By Diana Gabaldon.
3. What type of stories would you like to write but haven’t yet? Menage, BDSM or a sexless romance. The sexless romance should come with a warning. Don’t you think?
Menage sounds fun, though my books are pretty mild in that department, but you never know. I could spice things up…
4. Your new book asks you to believe in angels, what was your inspiration for the book? My inspiration for the book was just pure curiosity. I wondered if I could make people fall in love with a flawed angel.
5. If you could have a dinner party and invite anyone to it, who would it be? Celebrities, book boyfriends, intellectuals or anyone. Name five people. |
Jeff Buckley, Martin Luther King Jr., Stephen King, Julia Child and Louis CK.
6. For bonus points, what’s your favorite swear word?
Any variation of Fuck. Hands down.