You know when you have a friend who is your book twin? I have that friend and every book she’s recommended to me are brilliant. Recently she sent me a list of new books for some research I am doing on inter-racial love stories. The top of her list was a book that rocked my world, His Muse. The book His Muse is stage five hot, 3 am ugly crying and HEA epic love story. I’ve fallen in love with this author, Twyla Turner and you’ve got to read this book and her others like The Red Scot (A Curvy Girls Club Novel Book 1) and Winter’s Beast: A Beauty and the Beast Novel.
The good news is they are free if you have Kindle Unlimited, get started reading His Muse today but maybe don’t start at 11 pm or you’ll be up all night. Trust me.
The delightful Twyla has taken the time out from writing her brilliant novels to answer my five burning questions.
1. Let’s start off with Kill, Marry or Screw? Gideon Cross, Kellan Kyle or Etienne?
This is a hard choice but I suppose I’d kill Gideon, screw Kellan, and marry Etienne, of course. 😉
2. Do you remember the first romance book you ever read? Can you tell me about it?
I can’t remember the first romance novel I read (it was probably one by Johanna Lindsey), but I do remember my first favorite. It’s Perfect by Judith McNaught. I loved it because it was about a famous actor (I love movies and actors) who was framed for the death of his co-star wife. He was sent to prison and then escaped, only to have to take a sweet, inexperienced teacher as a hostage after part of the plan fell apart. They spend a week in a secluded house in the mountains of Colorado where they fall in love. There’s action, romance, sex, mystery, suspense…everything! I love it!
3. What type of stories would you like to write but haven’t yet? Menage, BDSM or a sexless romance. The sexless romance should come with a warning. Don’t you think?
YES, sexless romance should come with a warning. If I know going in, it makes it a lot less disappointing. But as far as what I want to write, I don’t know. I’ve kind of written all different types. But here is a trope I want to write eventually and that’s my brother’s best friend story.
4. How do you keep track of your series stories?
I try not to do too many series anymore. There’s just too much pressure to get them out in a timely fashion or your readers want to kill you. But I usually keep track of series and other stories with the Window’s Notebook program. I love it. I put the details of all my books there. It’s WAY more organized than any journal or real notebook that I could carry around.
5. If you could have a dinner party and invite anyone to it, who would it be? Celebrities, book boyfriends, intellectuals or anyone. Name five people. Keanu Reeves (he’s fascinating to me and I’ve loved him for years), Henry Cavill (I’m not so secretly in love with him), Whoopi Goldberg (I adore her), Etienne, and Chelsea Handler (she’d keep the party interesting and all of us laughing).
6. For bonus points, what’s your favorite swear word?
My favorite swear word is ‘fuck.’ I use it a lot. And it fits so many different situations and conveys so many different emotions.
Stalk Twyla on social media: