Kicking of 2016 with rocking author Olivia Evans and her new book Brooklyn & Beale. I am a rock star books fanatic and this one was a fun and unexpected read. Her first book Hollywood & Vine is worth reading it features Anders and Josie which are also featured in Brooklyn & Beale so add it to your TBR now. Let me just say Anders gives Gideon Cross a run for his money in the hot and bossy category!!
Olivia took time out of her busy day to answer my five burning questions.
- Let’s start off with Kill, Marry or Screw? Gideon Cross, Kellan Kyle or on the leads in your books?
Okay so, confession. I haven’t read The Crossfire series or Thoughtless. I actually took a long break from romance because, well, I just needed a break. Writing and reading the same genre can be a bit of an overload. Plus, I totally LOVE horror, fantasy, suspense, and supernatural so I tend to read those more than romance.
That being said, I don’t live under a rock so I’m well aware of the books and the characters so I can answer with some certainty! I’d kill Kellan Kyle to knock out Reid’s competition for top dog of rockstar romances. Marry Gideon Cross because while money can’t buy happiness, it can totally support my concert addition and he has plenty of it. And I’d screw Anders from Hollywood & Vine because HNGGGG. I’d wall sex with him any day.
- Do you remember the first romance book you ever read? Can you tell me about it?
This is a tough one. I wasn’t kidding when I said I tend to read horror and suspense. My first adult book was Second Child by John Saul. I think I read it when I was 12 or 13. I’m pretty sure my first romance book was required reading in school which would have been Romeo & Juliet. That probably explains my love for angst now that I think about it. Hmmmm…..
- What type of stories would you like to write but haven’t yet? Menage, BDSM or a sexless romance. EDITOR: The sexless romance should come with a warning. Don’t you think? I actually wouldn’t write any of those! I want to write the fantasy, apocalypse, supernatural, and mobster books I have outlined!! I really need to get on that marriage to Gideon so I can write full time. LOL
- What’s your writing process like?
I outline everything before I start. It keeps me on track-ish. There are times when I deviate and that’s okay, but I like to have the basic structure all set before I start. As far as when and where, I don’t have any set place. Having a full time job and being a wife and mom keeps me pretty busy so I write whenever and wherever I can. As long as I have headphones I’m good to go.
- If you could have a dinner party and invite anyone to it, who would it be?
Celebrities, rock stars, book boyfriends, intellectuals or anyone. Name five people.
Quentin Tarantino, Taylor Swift, Jennifer Lawrence, Jimmy Fallon, and Drew Barrymore. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN????
- For bonus points, what’s your favorite swear word?
You know, my initial thought was fuck, but I think I actually say shit way more. LOL
Stalk Olivia here:
Tweets by OliviaDEvans
Amazon Author page