I discovered A. Wilding Wells books in a random search on Amazon and I was hooked when I saw the abdominal muscles and a tartan kilt on the cover of How To Tame Beasts And Other Wild Things. Who isn’t a sucker for those? Right? I 1-Clicked it and the rest was a recipe for yummy Alpha goodness. The widowed Scottish farmer Balthazar “the Beast” Cox reluctantly falls for the world traveling Matilda Pearl when she comes home to help him take care of his family. I loved their story and WW’s story telling style so when her new book came out A Field Guide To Catching Crickets I 1-clicked again. Right now both books are available on Kindle Unlimited for Free or only 99 cents.
I am grateful that she’s taken five minutes out of her busy day from her writing, taking care of her boys or her adorable farm animals to answer my five burning questions. Follow her on instagram and you’ll know what I am talking about.
- Let’s start off with Kill, Marry or Screw? Gideon Cross, Kellan Kyle or Balthazar?
Marry Balthazar no question, with lots of screwing. Kellan Kyle, screw, and screw and screw. Gideon Cross, screw the living daylights out of.
- Do you remember the first romance book you ever read? Can you tell me about it? EDITOR NOTE: I think mine was Bitch by Jackie Collins and I was about 10 or 11.
Mine was Forever by Judy Blume. I was 10 years old. I read it over and over.. loved it. But I was so confused by all the coming. I had no idea what she was talking about, coming? They were always coming, but where were they going since they were screwing. It makes me laugh so hard still.
3. What type of stories would you like to write but haven’t yet? Menage, BDSM or a sexless romance. The sexless romance should come with a warning. Don’t you think?
I’m pretty sure I couldn’t do a sexless romance. I’ve toyed with it, but then I get so into the characters driving my scenes and dam, they end up fucking! I don’t see a BDSM in my future. But then again you never know. I’m not quite sure what my books are going to be until I jump in. A lot of my stories serendipitous in how they come together. I keep piles of 3 x 5 cards with ideas, and i mean piles.
4. What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing or reading?What do you mean? Is there anything else? 🙂 We have 4 boys and love doing stuff with them, even if it’s simply dinner at the table for lively conversation. I’m really into animals, so I love spending time in the pastures, hanging out. We entertain a lot as well, my husband is an amazing cook and cocktaileur, so that’s a lot of what we do on weekends.
5. If you could have a dinner party and invite anyone to it, who would it be? Celebrities, book boyfriends, intellectuals or anyone. Name five people.
My deceased french grandmother. Gertrude Stein. Oprah. Albert Einstein. Steven Spielberg.
6. For bonus points, what’s your favorite swear word?
Fuck. There is no better swear word.
Stalker her on social media:
Tweets by awildingwells