I discovered Molly O’Hare’s books because of her Corgi that features heavily on Instagram feed. What can I say, I am a sucker for a Corgi.
Molly’s romances are sexy, funny and have a great sense of depth that is often lost in romantic comedy stories. She’s also a master a creating a world that you will want to live in. Seriously, I thought about moving while reading her books. If you the Gilmore Girls, you’ll love these books for their quirky characters and heartwarming love stories. Molly took time off from her busy writing schedule to answer my burning questions. ENJOY!
1. Kill, Marry or Screw?
Gideon Cross, Kellan Kyle or Ben. Marry: Ben Richman *wink wink* How could I pick anyone else? LOL
Screw: Kellan Kyle
Kill: Gideon Cross (that hurt to type)
2. Do you remember the first romance book you ever read? Can you tell me about it?
Yes! There is actually a funny story about it. About a year ago I was cleaning out an old room. I opened a box and found all of my old books, including the very first romance book I ever read: Nauti Nights by Lora Leigh I remember it clear as day. My brother picked me up from school (Highschool) and we went into a bookstore. I was traveling the rows and a shirtless man cover caught my attention. So, I picked it up. I remember the cashier guy giving me a strange look when I checked out but I never thought anything of it. That night I was flabbergasted there was sex in the book. I devoured the story and then found out it was the second in a series. So, I quickly hightailed my but to the bookstore and bought the rest. I fell in love with romance back then. This was over fifteen years ago. Funny how the universe works because now I write these types of books.
3. What type of stories would you like to write but haven’t yet?
Ménage, BDSM or a sexless romance. I have ideas for some PNR books and Ménage. I haven’t really thought about BDSM or sexless romance, but it could happen. I genuinely want to write whatever my muse wants to write. So, it will be a ride for all of us since I have no idea what my muse is doing half of the time.
4. What inspires your own stories?
Surprisingly enough, my own life. Or, my dreams. For example, in Stumbling Into Him, Holly gets hit in the face cracking her tooth. That same thing happened to me, and as I waited to be seen, the whole story idea came. It’s quite funny, a lot of scenes in my stories come directly from my own life. Like the Bigfoot scene from Teased by Fire came about when I was wearing the same shirt Olive was and encountered some very opinionated people. I now have to carry around a pad of paper and pens with me at all times.
5. If you could have a dinner party and invite anyone to it, who would it be? Celebrities, book boyfriends, intellectuals or anyone. Hmmm, honestly, I have never really thought of this. Maybe that makes me weird. Even as I sit here now, I have no idea who I would want to have dinner with. At this point, all I can think is: I’ll have dinner with anyone as long as its tacos… if tacos are on the menu it could be anyone.
6. For bonus points, what’s your favorite swear word?
Fuck & Shit are tied. But since my family is Irish, I say Feck and Eejit a lot too.
Stalk her and Lord Waffles on social media: