A good friend and indie writer published her debut novel Finding Us and I couldn’t wait to tell everyone all about it.
Debra is a native New Yorker who made her escape to the suburbs. She often returns to her hometown to visit her favorite deli for a bagel with butter, because there’s no better bagel than a New York bagel. When not in search of bagels, Debra spends her time running Book Enthusiast Promotions, an online promotions company that helps indie authors spread the word about their books. She’s also the owner of The Book Enthusiast blog.
She started writing lyrics in her wall-to-wall NKOTB bedroom at the tender age of thirteen while dreaming of the day she’d become Mrs. Jordan Knight. That dream never came to fruition, but she has continued to write.
Book description: Pop star Abby Murphy is living every girl’s dream. She has fame, fortune, and a handsome boyfriend, a guitar player named Sean. That changes the night she finds him in the arms of another woman. Hurt and betrayed, Abby ends their relationship. But Sean won’t accept the breakup, and she soon learns that he’s had a hidden agenda all along. Overnight, Sean transforms from loving boyfriend to dangerous adversary, and Abby no longer knows who she can trust among her friends and family. Abby turns to her bodyguard, Danny Nucci, a man who will do everything in his power to keep her safe. She refuses to give in to her attraction in order to preserve her new found independence as well as protect Danny from Sean’s machinations.
Check out what Debra’s answers to my five burning questions.
1. Let’s start off with Kill, Marry or Screw? Gideon Cross, Kellan Kyle or Dann Nucci?
Hmm, I think this is the toughest question ever!!!!! I’d marry Danny Nucci from my book, Finding Us, because I’m just a little in love with him! I suppose I’d screw Gideon Cross because well he’s Gideon and finally, because there is no other choice, I’d kill Kellan (although I’d really like to keep him on the side to screw;)).
2. Do you remember the first romance book you ever read? Can you tell me about it? Editor note: I think mine was Bitch by Jackie Collins and I was about 10 or 11.
I wish I remembered but I don’t. I just remember not really being a big reader growing up but when Oprah started her book club I started reading. I liked that the books in the club were recommended and I knew they’d be good. Silly reason but it started me reading.
3. What type of stories would you like to write but haven’t yet? Menage, BDSM or a sexless romance. EDITOR NOTE: The sexless romance should come with a warning. Don’t you think?
I kinda love a good dark romance and would love to try to write one but I just don’t think I could be that twisted. So I’d say a mob themed book. I LOVE mob stories and I have two rolling around in my head.
4. What’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing or reading?
I love to spend time with my nieces and nephew. They are a hoot! If I’m in need of relaxation though I love to go get a mani/pedi and just ignore all social media.
5. If you could have a dinner party and invite anyone to it, who would it be? Celebrities, rock stars, book boyfriends, intellectuals or anyone. Name five people.
- Oprah Winfrey – because I think she’s awesome
- Debbie Gibson – because she was my childhood idol
- Kristen Ashley – because she’s one of my favorite authors and I’d love to get to chat with her about all her awesome books
- JM Darhower – because she’s another one of my favorite authors and her series Forever has stayed with me after all this time
- Kellan Kyle because he’s like the ultimate book boyfriend
6. For bonus points, what’s your favorite swear word?
Fuck – I use it often.
Stalk Debra on social media:
Street Team: http://on.fb.me/1AlC2Sk
Goodreads Author Page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7778350.Debra_Presley